Anti-bullying week will take place this week – October 24th to October 28th.
Day 1 ‘The Bully’ (6 minutes 37 seconds)
- It may be helpful to point out to your class that this short film was made by an Irish Student called Jonah Maxwell who experienced bullying when he moved to the United States with his family
1.Why did other students feel they were somehow responsible for the student being bullied even though they were not directly involved?
2. Why do you think the characters in the film wore masks?
3. What made things easier for the students being bullied?
Day 2 ‘Bystander Revolution’ (2 minutes 59 seconds)
1.What do you think is achieved by using celebrities to speak about their experiences of bullying?
2. What message are they giving us?
Day 3 ‘Don’t be a bystander’ (4 minutes 32 seconds)
1. What do you think of the comments written on the cards held up by the student?
2. Did the choice of song help get the message across in a more powerful way? Why?
3. What do you think the central message of the video clip is?