Anti-bullying week will take place this week – October 23rd to October 27th.
Our aim is to raise awareness of Cyber Bulling. This is any type of bullying that can take place through digital means. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. We feel it is vital for all students of the college to be aware and act responsibly.
Monday 23rd of October – Day 1 ‘Bullying Stories’
1. What feelings do those who have be bullied experience?
2. “It really does scar your life”.
What do you think those scars are?
3. What kind of long-term impact does bullying have?
Wednesday 25th of October – Day 2 ‘Cyber Bullying Felix’s Story’
1. “Every day he had something from someone”.
What do you think Felix mother means by this statement?
2. How do you think this would have affected him?
3. What advice does she give to young people using social media on their phones?
Friday 27th of October – Day 3 ‘Create No Hate’
JUNIOR SCHOOL ONLY
1. How do you feel after watching this video? What impact does it have on you?
2. Why do you think he gets a different injury every time he is bullied on social media?
3. Do you think this is a good way of showing the internal damage bullying can cause?
4. What do you think of the slogan Stop Block Tell?
Friday 27th of October – Day 3 ‘Snapchat Awareness’
SENIOR SCHOOL ONLY
Teachers of Transition, 5th and 6th years please open the powerpoint and present it to their tutor group.