St. Munchin's College is the Diocesan College of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Limerick. The school is one of the oldest Catholic schools in Ireland having been founded in 1796. The school was founded by Bishop John Young, Bishop of Limerick as a major seminary. The College moved from Henry St. in Limerick city to its current campus in 1962. Today as the Diocesan College it is a Voluntary Secondary School for boys under the Patronage of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Limerick.